An affordable degree starts with reasonably priced tuition, but doesn’t end there. At Strayer, we can help you find resources that make higher education easier to finance. We let you transfer credits from other institutions, provide information on financial aid opportunities and offer scholarships for students at all levels. Programs can be completed part-time or full-time, and do not require GMAT/GRE test scores or application fees.
Referral Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
1. You must have been referred to Strayer by a current full-time faculty or staff member of Strategic Education, Inc., or one of its subsidiary entities including but not limited to, Strayer University and Capella University.
2. You must be a new student registering for the Fall 2020 term in a Strayer University Master’s degree program or JWMI MBA program. You are not enrolling in a certificate, associates, bachelors, or DevMountain program. You also are not enrolled in a Degrees@Work program or Verizon Onsite.
3. You meet Strayer University admission requirements by program.
4. Person being referred cannot be currently employed by Strategic Education, Inc. or any subsidiary thereof, including but not limited to Strayer University or Capella University.
5. Once the tuition cap of $5,000 is reached, you will no longer pay tuition, technology fees, or the diploma conferral fee. Your course tuition and technology fees paid prior to reaching the tuition cap will contribute to reaching the $5,000 tuition cap.
6. You are required to pay for books, course materials, and non-obligatory fees with a separate method of payment for the duration of your program. These costs do not count towards the tuition cap and are not covered once you reach the tuition cap of $5,000.
7. You will maintain good academic standing (GPA 2.5 or greater) and good financial standing. If you do not, you will no longer earn towards the tuition cap or receive the benefits under the program. If you fail to maintain good academic standing, in the quarter following the quarter when you fail to maintain good academic standing, the discount will be cancelled until such time that return to good academic standing.
8. If you drop or fail a course prior to reaching the tuition cap, that tuition charge or any withdrawal fees will not accrue towards the $5,000 tuition cap. Only courses successfully completed count towards the $5,000 tuition cap.
9. Similarly, if you drop or fail a course after reaching the tuition cap, you will be responsible for any withdrawal fees or pro-rated tuition charges. Only courses successfully completed will be covered by the program benefits. The program will include the cost of a re-take if it is successfully completed.
10. If you choose to change to an ineligible program, discontinue, or withdraw (either actively or administratively) from Strayer, you will become ineligible for this program.
11. There is no cash value. Under no circumstance will recipients be eligible for a cash payment or any other compensation for the value of unused tuition cap benefits.
12. If you take two or more consecutive quarters off, you will forfeit any and all benefits under the program. You will not be permitted back into the program if you are readmitted into the University. You will lose any credit accrued toward your $5,000 cap. You will have to pay for any and all remaining classes.
13. You will be held to academic consequences of withdrawing from or failing any course.
14. This tuition cap benefit may not be combined with other scholarships, tuition discounts, Graduation Fund, or SEI tuition assistance.
15. In all cases, the tuition cap benefit program is at Strayer University’s discretion.
This offer is not available to: (a) continuing students; (b) employees of Strategic Education, Inc. and its subsidiaries, and family members residing in the same household of such employees; or (c) students enrolled through Strayer@Work or Degrees@Work.
For all other students, a laptop is available only to Strayer University students who: (1) are a new or readmitted student in a Strayer University bachelor’s-level program; (2) have at least six courses to complete in their program; and (3) enroll for classes starting spring 2020 quarter or later. Students must complete three of their first four quarters of enrollment, or return the laptop to avoid a $350 charge.
This offer is subject to change at any time. Only one laptop will be provided per student. In the event the laptop is damaged, lost, stolen or incapacitated, Strayer will not provide a replacement. All returns subject to return policy.
Complete details are available in the bachelor’s laptop agreement or the bachelor’s laptop Verizon and Verizon Wireless loaner agreement, as applicable. Students receiving tuition assistance from Verizon or Verizon Wireless may only borrow and use a laptop subject to the terms of the bachelor’s laptop Verizon and Verizon Wireless loaner agreement. Limitations for other corporate-sponsored programs may also apply. Please contact your home campus or Strayer online for more information.
Eligibility requirements and other details
Save up to 25% off the cost of select master's degrees with the Strayer Graduation Fund.* For every three classes you complete successfully, you’ll earn one on us, tuition free—so you can pay less to make your dreams come true.
Do you know a Strayer student, graduate, or faculty member? Ask them about our Referral Scholarship. If you register for an eligible Strayer program, meet all eligibility requirements and maintain good academic standing, a referral can save you $500 on tuition.
If you’re a Strayer University bachelor’s graduate ready to pursue a master’s degree, our Alumni Scholarship* can save you $4,000. All you need to do is register for an eligible Strayer graduate program, maintain a GPA of 3.0 or greater and meet eligibility requirements. Combine this scholarship with our Graduation Fund to save even more.
Save even more on tuition for these four online master’s degree programs.
Build on your desire to affect broader educational change – whether by advancing or creating new curricula or moving into an administrative role.
Widen your knowledge of IT, finance, management, ethics and human resources within healthcare systems.
Learn how to manage all aspects of nonprofits, government organizations, and publicly engaged organizations – from people and assets to funding and public relations.
Go beyond financial data and analysis, and gain the skills you need to provide insight and direction on expanding markets, resource and asset management and emerging opportunities.
We want you to earn your degree as affordably as possible. That’s why we welcome transfer credits, offer financial aid counseling and share information about grants, scholarships and loans. See if you’re eligible for any of these:
Police officers, sheriffs, state troopers, rangers, or corrections officers who have completed a basic law enforcement training program may qualify for a special tuition rate of $750 per undergraduate course.
Strayer participates in programs such as GoArmyEd, Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership (NCPDLP), and Air University Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC). We’re approved for veterans’ educational benefits and participate in the Yellow Ribbon program.
More than 400 companies offer educational benefits to their employees through Strayer. If your employer is a Corporate Alliance Partner, you may qualify for programs that help you advance in your company and your career.
AmeriCorps, the Peace Corps and the National Health Services Corps all offer college money in exchange for a service commitment. For more information, visit their sites.
Strayer is accredited or certified by four organizations, which ensures our degrees are recognized and respected by employers and other institutions. From faculty and curriculum to services and financials, we’re committed to meeting quality standards, so you can earn a diploma you’re proud to display.
Fall Classes Start October 6
What degree are you interested in?